Event Sales & Production Associate
The Garden at Elm Bank, a premier wedding and event venue located in Wellesley, is looking to grow our Functions and Events Department team! Do you have experience in sales but may be looking to put them to new use? Or perhaps experience within the event industry but tired of the everchanging weekend demands? This position is the ideal bridge between both! Our unique garden location, operated by our growing non-profit organization, Massachusetts Horticultural Society, is looking for a personable Event Sales and Production Associate to assist in the selling, planning, and delivering of weddings, social, and professional events for our 36-acre property. Event spaces range from a charming carriage house to a spacious and fully customizable lawn where clients can create the tented reception of their dreams.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and have a passionate Sales and Production Associate ready to promote and deliver a variety of events at our stunning property as spring is right around the corner. The ideal candidate should be flexible to working various weekday shifts based on the needs of the business, and open to weekend coverage for touring and event management. The ideal schedule would be Tuesday – Saturday but there is flexibility. This is a year-round, full-time position with the expectation of 40 hours, weekly. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, familiar with the hospitality industry, and passionate to help us grow our brand and business.
The responsibility of this position is to support the Director of Events with the operation of the Functions and Events Department. This will include client interaction through inquiries, tours, and throughout the booking process. Furthermore, this position will include customer service once a client has booked including email, phone call, and in-person interaction. The Event Sales & Production Associate will handle walkthroughs with clients and perform a variety of tasks leading to the successful production of event on the property.
Day-of-event management may be required to meet the needs of the business. These responsibilities include ensuring policies and procedures are followed, providing customer service to clients and event guests, problem solving, and tending to demands of the event, such as overseeing the general safety and security of the venue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to support and assist the event sales team in soliciting, booking, and executing successful events.
- Provide exceptional customer service when working with clients from their initial inquiry to event delivery.
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain positive client relationships through kindness, support and understanding of their needs.
- Having excellent time management skills to prioritize the daily needs of the business is essential. Must understand timing constraints for clients by providing timely follow up and thorough details.
- Manage and maintain detailed account, contact, revenue reporting, and event booking details. Must be able to process payments through designated systems and share records internally and externally.
- Must maintain procedural consistency. All systems executed and used efficiently and steadily, including our templated planning platform for contracts, walkthroughs and creating of Banquet Event Orders.
- Familiarize with all on-site policies and procedures to ensure clients are informed of general event operations and inclusions within their contract. Must be able to enforce policies in a polite and confident manner throughout planning and during day-of management.
- Achieve sales goals and outcomes within schedule
- Host and attend industry and other networking events to provide exposure, promote the business, and educate industry professionals about our everchanging property.
- Coordinate with external vendors as necessary to ensure timely delivery, installs, and pickup times.
- Communicate with internal teams in planning and executing of event requirements.
- Foster an environment of openness and collaboration within the organization, and externally with clients, and vendors.
- Build relationships with our exclusive and preferred vendor teams to make expert recommendations throughout the client’s booking and planning process.
- Organize and manage final event walkthroughs to confirm detailed timelines, vendor information, and all necessary details to flawlessly execute an event on-site.
- Manage and supervise events independently and with Event Associates. Must be able to assign tasks and lead on-site events including timeline and task management.
- Train and provide work direction and guidance to Event Associates within the department.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. Lead by example.
- Assist with set up and break down as necessary including moving, lifting, storing, chairs, tables, and related items.
- Build and protect brand and brand image
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience working within event, catering, hospitality sales or production / management is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and is imperative.
- Ability to retain many details to share with the clients pertaining to our property’s policies, organization structure, unique history of our location and what Massachusetts Horticultural Society (Mass Hort) does including education, membership, garden tourism, community initiatives and events.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Understand and execute administrative duties and computer tasks (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and our booking platform, TripleSeat).
- Effective and concise communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Must be personable and enjoy working with people using patience, courtesy, and kindness.
- Ability to think quickly to solve problems to meet client needs. Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Thoughtful eye for cleanliness and design
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds, bend, and crouch.
- Ability to solve minor cleaning and maintenance issues.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and good driving record. Must be able to operate a golf cart to conduct work.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record
- CORI check required.